Sara Kauss, Getty Images for St Jude Country Music Marathon Sarah Darling might be…
- Posted on Aug 25th 2006 3:40PM by Mike Spinella
More about why we think Shadow is the man after the jump.
In case you've been living under a rock for a decade plus, Josh Davis (aka Shadow) has single-handedly raised the bar for all DJs and producers out there. Running with the groundwork laid by Double Dee and Steinski's famous 'Lesson' series, Shadow has already delivered some of the most groundbreaking beats and melodies of our time.
Five more reasons we <3 Shadow:
1. UNKLE: 'Psyence Fiction'
2. Dude brings his studio skills to the stage for a proper live performance.
3. He bridges the gap between hip-hop and electro, leaving both audiences swooning.
4. 'What Does Your Soul Look Like?' (Parts 1-4) -- effin' genius.
5. He melts genres like a candle combining big-band, funk, hip-hop or rock and makes them his own.