Facebook R&B crooner Mario has been relatively quiet on the music front for…
- Posted on Apr 4th 2007 10:00AM by Scott Boyd
We've got so much juice that we got Feist to answer a few questions. Some make more sense than others, but they're all enjoyable. You're welcome.
1. What do you get artistically from being a solo act that you didn't from being in Broken Social Scene, and vice versa?
One is the family picnic, croquet games, lawn darts and relay races. The other is making pasta and eating it out of the pot while reading a book in your pajamas.
2. As a one-named singer, who are your favorite mono-monikered vocalists of the past and/or present?
The voices of Voltaire, Shakespeare, Hugo and Dickens have been quite audible to me.
The rest + Feist's latest video after the jump.
3. How has living in Paris inspired you creatively?
....um.......My fridge used to be on my windowsill.....
4. How much does it drive you up the wall when you see the word "feisty" applied to you in an article? And do you think the word even applies to you, bad play-on-words notwithstanding?
A lot of last names could be read as adjectives or nouns. Baker, Fisher, Feist(y), Brook.. i can't think of anymore right now but you get my point.
5. Who is the quintessential Canadian performing artist? Also, is there a classic Canadian musician that Americans should be made aware of but may have never heard of?
Some Canadian icons in my eyes would be Martin Tielli (of the Rheostatics), Sarah Harmer, The World Provider, Ron Sexsmith, Jimmy Guthrie, Caribou. The list goes on. We're America's northern little brother who's built his own tree house and has given up trying to get the big brother to let us play with him.
Check out Feist's latest video for 'The Park' here.
Her latest full-length, 'The Reminder,' comes out on May 1.