Facebook R&B crooner Mario has been relatively quiet on the music front for…
- Posted on May 23rd 2007 11:30AM by Beville Darden
- Metal-rockers Linkin Park claim the No.1 spot this week with their much-hyped third album, 'Minutes to Midnight,' which sold a whopping 624,000+ in its first week. That's the highest album debut of 2007, beating out previous record-holder Norah Jones by more than 200,000 copies.
- Country's rebel-licious Gretchen Wilson debuts at No. 5 this week with her third studio album, 'One of the Boys.' That's a disappointing showing for the 'Redneck Woman' whose five-times platinum debut album debuted at No.2 and sophomore effort debuted at No.1. The country star who truly shines this week is teen queen Taylor Swift, who continues to rise on the charts after 30 weeks, now in the No.13 spot and closing in on platinum sales.
- Spinner's favorite lush, Amy Winehouse, also went up in sales this week, jumping to the No.12 spot with 38,000+ sales in the last week. Looks like marriage suits her well.
- And with tonight's 'American Idol' finale, it's no surprise that three former contestants are all in this week's Top-20: Carrie Underwood, Daughtry and Elliot Yamin.
1. 'Minutes to Midnight,' Linkin Park (624,000 in 1st week)
2. 'Sex Love & Pain,' Tank (103,000 in 1st week)
3. 'Call Me Irresponsible,' Michael Buble (88,000 in 3rd week; 445,000 total)
4. 'Sky Blue Sky,' Wilco (87,000 in 1st week)
5. 'One of the Boys,' Gretchen Wilson (74,000 in 1st week)