Jeff Bottari, Getty Images Kelly Rowland's new gig has caused her to cancel and…
- Posted on Jul 18th 2007 1:00PM by Gaylord Fields
- And speaking of what us folks over 30 (all right, all right -- over 40) call the alternative music, let's play a guessing game: Which of these pairs of albums had a higher debut this week? Your choices: a) Interpol's 'Our Love to Admire' + Spoon's 'Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga' or b) Aly & AJ's 'Insomniatic' + the Amanda Bynes-heavy 'Hairspray' soundtrack. The answer: Put your money on the rock! The 'Pol and Spoon sit at Nos. 4 and 10, respectively; the teenage duo and the teen-oriented movie album limped in at Nos. 15 and 20, in that order. (BTW: Boys rule!!!)
- Weekly Winehouse Watch: Our best girl Amy has suffered a slight setback on her journey to reach a million albums sold, with 'Back to Black' dropping from last week's No. 8 to No. 9, with 49,000 sold this week. Maybe she's just being a little shy about the big blowout bash we at With a Bullet are going to hold in her honor when she inevitably goes platinum. We're certain she'll accelerate her charge to the finish line if we inform her we're gonna serve alkyhol at the party!
- The Macca Attack-a has gone a bit slack-a: Paul McCartney needs a mere 52,000 of you latte gulpers to pick up a copy of 'Memory Almost Full' at your favorite coffee franchise to earn him his 1,800th gold disc. Considering it sells for about the same as one of those lemon bars it's displayed adjacent to, it's the least you can do.
- 'T.I. vs. T.I.P.,' T.I. (175,000 in 2nd week; 644,00 total)
- 'Zeitgeist,' the Smashing Pumpkins (146,000 in 1st week)
- 'Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus,' soundtrack (128,000 in 3rd week; 642,000 total)
- 'Our Love to Admire,' Interpol (73,000 in 1st week)
- 'My December,' Kelly Clarkson (59,000 in 3rd week; 463,000 total)