Facebook R&B crooner Mario has been relatively quiet on the music front for…
- Posted on Aug 1st 2007 5:00PM by Steve Baltin
1. 'Arrested Development': Either Season One or Two -- because I heard that show was hilariously funny, I checked it out on TV a couple of times and thought it was kind of bland. But I bought the first couple of seasons and started slowly chuckling at it, and now for some reason every time I watch it, it keeps getting funnier. I keep finding funnier things about the episodes and little hidden jokes. So that's a great watch over and over again kind of show.
2. 'Slackers': That's the favorite movie of the bus, starring Devon Sawa, James King and Jason Schwartzman. I don't think many people are familiar with this movie, but if they are they know what kind of genius this movie has. It's a pretty bad college-style teen comedy, but it just has so many random funny one-liners that are so dry that have become like an inside joke among all of us. I'm a huge fan of Jason. He's a good musician, too.
3. 'Planet Earth': I just recently got it, but I know it's going to be a hit for me. You can put on any good Radiohead record or any cool chilled-out music and it's just like the most spectacular experience, or at least it was on 4/20 at four in the morning. I can't wait for more of that.
4. 'Bad Boys II': With Martin Lawrence and Will Smith, it just destroys the original. [Director] Michael Bay really did a job for himself with that one, 'cause that's another movie that just has so many classic one-liners. And for some reason, none of us liked the first one. We love 'Bad Boys II.'
5. 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin': 'Cause that's just a hilarious, good movie. And that's just another movie you can laugh at over and over again. Even the parts that aren't supposed to be funny are still funny. I like the scene where they're all in the room after they get the hermaphrodite prostitute.