Roadrunner Records - Slipknot's hard-hitting, aggressive metal anthems are getting…
- Posted on Jan 16th 2008 9:00AM by Jessica Robertson
- Michael Stipe was released as a potential juror at the beginning of a trial for a man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl after sneaking into her middle school. The R.E.M. frontman told Judge Lawton Stephens that he could not be fair and impartial due to his own experience with stalkers and death threats.
- Lionel Richie is adjusting to his new title of Grandfather, after his daughter, Nicole, and her rocker boyfriend, Joel Madden, gave birth to a little girl last Friday. "While it may take me a moment to adjust to being called grand dad, I am extremely happy and proud of Nicole and Joel," he said in a statement. "Harlow Winter Kate Madden, the newest and most beautiful addition to the Richie clan, is a lucky little girl."
- EMI confirmed on Tuesday that it will cut 2,000 jobs worldwide as part of the company's restructuring. The changes highlight a newfound focus on A&R, as well as garnering revenue from digital services and corporate sponsorship.
- Aussie singer-songwriter Ben Lee is engaged to girlfriend, actress Ione Skye. "I am getting married," Lee wrote on his web site. "Its very exciting. My gorgeous fiancee, Ione, and I have known each other for 11 years and have been dating for just over a year, and I am psyched about making this commitment with such a wonderful partner."