Ilya S. Savenok, Getty Images The sad news came across late Wednesday afternoon…
- Posted on Feb 13th 2008 5:00PM by Mike Spinella
1. 'I Will Follow You Into the Dark,' Death Cab for Cutie: This song breaks my heart. It is so simple melodically and lyrically -- but so powerful.
2. 'The Luckiest,' Ben Folds: This is another very simple song whose lyrics are so sweet and moving. Anyone who listens to these words is moved.
3. 'Can't Help Falling in Love,' Elvis Presley: I always sing this as an encore. It is a pure, true love song.
4. 'Goodnight and Go,' Imogen Heap: In my opinion, this is a love song but not a traditional one. It speaks of the longing of a love that cannot exist for whatever reason.
5. 'Autumn Leaves,' Nat King Cole: I just love this song! It is an old standard and its words are so sad and beautiful. Love songs don't always have to be happy.