Ilya S. Savenok, Getty Images The sad news came across late Wednesday afternoon…
- Posted on Feb 15th 2008 3:00PM by Jessica Robertson
- Eddie Vedder will launch his first-ever solo tour, in support of his 'Into the Wild' soundtrack, on April 2 in Vancouver. The brief jaunt will wrap on April 15 in San Diego. Ticket info for the Pearl Jam frontman's trek can be found at PearlJam.com.
- Portishead have revealed the tracklist to their long-awaited new album, 'Third.' That effort is due in stores on April 29, with Portishead set to headline Coachella just three days prior on April 26.
- Alicia Keys was a big winner at the 39th NAACP Image Awards, walking away with four honors, including Outstanding Female Artist and Outstanding Album for 'As I Am,' at Thursday night's ceremony. R&B phenom Chris Brown was honored with the Image award for Outstanding Male Artist and 'American Idol' winner Jordin Sparks was named Outstanding New Artist.
- Aerosmith will get their own edition of the 'Guitar Hero' franchise, aptly titled 'Guitar Hero: Aerosmith,' due this summer. The game will feature nearly 30 tunes by the veteran rockers, as well as those by band's who've opened for Aerosmith throughout their career. This is the first game the 'Guitar Hero' franchise has dedicated to one band.