Roadrunner Records - Slipknot's hard-hitting, aggressive metal anthems are getting…
- Posted on Feb 18th 2008 1:00PM by Kim Davis
Last week ...
- Previously, it was John Mellencamp pulling the plug on John McCain's campaign rally playlist. Now it's Boston guitarist Tom Sholtz (a Barack Obama supporter), who's claiming unauthorized use of tunes by presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee, who was playing the band's biggest hit, 'More Than a Feeling,' on the campaign trail. These Republicans can't catch a break, can they?
- Last week, Grammys were awarded to the usual suspects including Kanye West, Amy Winehouse, Justin Timberlake ... and Barack Obama? That's right, the Democratic presidential candidate beat out former President Bill Clinton for Best Spoken Word Album for 'The Audacity Of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.'
- Cher jumped on the Hillary Clinton band wagon, saying that "she'd make the best President."
- Hillary targets hipsters with spoof 'Behind the Music' video.
- Want more campaign viral videos? Here you go.
- Electro eccentric Daedelus wrote a whole song about Barack Obama.
- Moby, Lou Reed and Antony and the Johnsons will put on an anti-war fundraiser on March 18 in NYC, which Moby describes as "a concert in support of the troops, for the best way to support the troops is to bring them home and not subject them to harm in another countries."
- Hillary Clinton was a good sport and admitted to her many fashion faux pas in US Weekly.
- Did God Speed You Black Emperor split due to existential crisis brought on by Iraq war? Seriously?
- We found this super handy guide to songs on the GOP campaign trail. From Mike Huckabee's penchant for southern rock ('Freebird') to (former hopeful) Rudy Giuliani's borderline comical playlist ('Eye of the Tiger'), dive in to (Republican) campaign playlist 101.
- Finally, John McCain's eager daughter, Meghan, talks insomnia and making (surprisingly awesome) mixtapes on her very own blog.