Ilya S. Savenok, Getty Images The sad news came across late Wednesday afternoon…
- Posted on Feb 25th 2008 10:00AM by Jessica Robertson
- Rihanna has launched an appeal for a bone marrow donor with DKMS, an the world's largest donor network, to try to find a donor for a New York mother -- Lisa Gershowitz Flynn -- who's suffering from leukemia. "When I heard about Lisa's plight, my heart broke," the singer said. "I said, 'I need to get the word out about Lisa right away.'"
- Britney Spears was temporarily reunited with her children -- 1-year-old Jayden James and 2-year-old Sean Preston -- on Saturday. It was the first time in nearly two months the embattled singer had seen her kids.
- The Lemonheads will celebrate the reissue of their 1992 album, 'It's a Shame About Ray,' by playing the effort it its entirety on March 12 at Emo's Annex in Austin, as part of this year's SXSW festival.
- J. Holiday was arrested for marijuana possession on Thursday night in Maryland after police pulled the R&B singer over for speeding. Holiday and his passenger were both taken into custody on charges of drug possession. (Courtesy of WENN)
- Legendary jazz producer Teo Macero, who worked with Duke Ellington, Miles Davis and Charles Mingus, among others, died last Tuesday in New York from undisclosed causes. He was 82. (Courtesy of WENN)