Andrew H. Walker, Getty Images Nine days after the deadly tornado that touched…
- Posted on Feb 27th 2008 5:00PM by Mike Spinella
However, when one of those rare wet Southern California days does occur, Sudol says that "there's nothing quite as cozy as a blanket-wrapped, couch-bound movie-watching marathon. If I were to be a total bum and watch an entire day of films, these would be my selections":
1. 'Sabrina': Audrey Hepburn is as elegant as can be, Humphrey Bogart is gruff and wonderful, the story is heart-burstingly lovely, and I can't help but smile every time I watch it.
2. 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest': I haven't seen this in a while, but I'd like to watch it again with fresh eyes. From what I remember, it's shocking, funny and horribly sad. It will probably take the next three movies to cheer me up, but it's worth it.
3. 'The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou': Wes Anderson is brilliant. This movie changed the way I see the world. I never get sick of it, and I've seen it many many times.
4. 'Stranger Than Fiction': This film has a brilliant plot, gorgeous art direction, fantastic acting and a perfect combination of comedy and tragedy.
5. 'Notting Hill': I like romantic comedies. This one is perfect. I know I'm girly -- so what?