Andrew H. Walker, Getty Images Mary J. Blige is in financial trouble once again…
- Posted on Mar 5th 2008 9:00AM by Jessica Robertson
- A judge dismissed claims by Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger that accused police of illegally obtaining breath samples during his 2006 arrest. The Canadian rocker was pulled over for speeding in British Columbia and subsequently cuffed and charged with impaired driving and driving with a blood alcohol level over the legal limit of .08. Kroeger's case has been adjourned until March 12. (Courtesy of WENN)
- Mandy Moore has launched UPumpItUp.com -- a social networking site aimed at becoming a destination "where women inspire each other to do more of the things that make us feel great, and help share that good feeling with others." The singer/actress worked with a group of creative professionals to identify four areas -- connect, express, inspire and explore -- that women can use to balance their lives.
- Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley lead the nominees for the 43rd annual Academy of Country Music Awards. Among Chesney's eleven nods is the coveted Entertainer of the Year Award, which he has won the past three years in a row.
- Akon is putting the finishing touches on his upcoming album, dubbed 'Acquitted,' which the singer has announced will hit stores in May, and feature a collaboration with Michael Jackson.
- Former boy band manager Lou Pearlman has changed his not guilty plea on federal charges of bank, mail and wire fraud. Pearlman was indicted last year and accused of cheating federally insured lenders out of more than $100 million. A judge will