Roadrunner Records - Slipknot's hard-hitting, aggressive metal anthems are getting…
- Posted on Jun 19th 2008 5:00PM by Mike Spinella
1. La Mariana Sailing Club, Honolulu: The real deal, pieced together over decades. It exudes soul in ways that contemporary bars (tiki or otherwise) can't compete nor can compare.
2. Tiki Ti, Los Angeles: A tropical refuge amidst urban turmoil and the gloom of sooty skies. Potent libations and a magnificently welcoming atmosphere.
3. Tonga Room, San Francisco: When you're left with an unusable hotel swimming pool, let your inner tiki resourcefulness inspire tropical visions. If you build it, we will come.
4. Trader Vic's, Emeryville, Calif: I have yet to visit every location left of the illustrious Trader Vic's family of tropical bars and restaurants, but this is this one that is my favorite of the bunch. This place engages you with class, authenticity and a sense of special occasion.
5. Bahooka, Rosmead, Calif.: Hundreds of aquariums and liquors melt away the stresses of civilization.