Michael Buckner | Frazer Harrison, Getty Images Now this is a collaboration that…
- Posted on Jul 23rd 2008 5:00PM by Mike Spinella
1. 'Blade Runner,' Final Cut: Ridley Scott's masterpiece -- the greatest visual view of the future, Harrison Ford's greatest role finally completed to perfection.
2. 'THX1138,' Director's Cut: George Lucas' first film, set around control and paranoia. Its Lucas' most individual work, with so much resonating in today's society. A massive influence.
3 . '2001; A Space Odyssey': Stanley Kubrick's epic voyage into the unknown -- made before man had been to the moon and responsible for the original concept of the Internet and modern computers. This is genius!
4. 'The Empire Strikes Back': The ultimate in the 'Star Wars' saga -- to me, the greatest kids' movie ever. This changed my life as a child. Its dark, relenting struggle between good and evil, the fact it defies most modern children's films by not having a happy ending and its amazing visual use of effects blew my mind -- good times!
5. 'Alien': [H.R.] Giger's visual genius combined with Ridley [Scott]'s attention to detail and amazing use of what you don't see can be more frightening [than showing it]. Changed the way we looked at the future -- no one in space can hear you scream!
Buy End ... Stories for Film on iTunes