Ilya S. Savenok, Getty Images The sad news came across late Wednesday afternoon…
- Posted on Jul 29th 2008 8:00PM by Kim Davis
- This year, those attending the Democratic Convention will be treated to performances from Kanye West, Wyclef Jean and N.E.R.D. -- a far more youth-oriented lineup than 2004's bill that included Patti LaBelle, John Mellencamp and Carole King, among others.
- Melissa Etheridge, who joined the "Vote for Change" initiative last spring, recently told Rolling Stone of backing Barack Obama, "[It is] with trepidation and great hope [that] I throw him my support. You have to believe not just in the man but in human spirit."
- Alicia Keys rocked a Barack T-shirt during a London benefit to raise money for the Keep a Child Alive foundation, which helps to combat AIDS in Africa.
- In Powder Springs, Georgia, Obama named-checked Lil Wayne during a stay-in-school speech. "You are probably not that good a rapper," he said. "Maybe you are the next Lil' Wayne, but probably not, in which case you need to stay in school."
- Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello recently offered his support of Barack Obama saying, "If America elects a black president it will be a different country ... a step definitely in the right direction."