Andrew H. Walker, Getty Images Nine days after the deadly tornado that touched…
- Posted on Sep 8th 2009 4:00PM by Dan Reilly
1. Tofurkey Sandwiches: You have to have some good bread, like a roll, Italian or sourdough. Then some avocado, mayo, mustard and cheese might be nice. That would be great with some chips and a drink, and it'll keep me fueled on the road for a long time. We always have some meats and veggie meats in our tour rider so you can make a sandwich.
2. Thai Green Curry: Being a vegetarian, there are a few things I can rely on on the road and one of them is Thai food. If I see a Thai restaurant, I know I can get some vegetables, rice and curry and it's usually somewhat decent. So, vegetables with green curry, a little spicy and hot, is really good if you're voice is tired. In the cooler months, you're feeling like you haven't gotten a good hot meal, that'll help you out.
3. Pizza: There's always the classic -- pizza, which you can get as a vegan if you want. Being from the East, I have a vast, expansive taste in pizza but I'm willing to appreciate a Pizza Hut or Domino's for what it is. Late at night, Domino's can be just the right thing. It's like, "That's what we got? Let's enjoy it even though it's total crap." My favorite is Rosario's in New York. They make a slice with mozzarella, basil and garlic. It's really good.
4. French Fries: Sometimes fries just feel good, not necessarily because they're good for you but sometimes it doesn't matter because you completely enjoy them. For condiments, I'll go with ketchup, mayo, and sometimes a little a mustard is in the mix. In Idaho, where I live now, they have what's called fry sauce, which I think is a combination of ketchup, mayo, and something else I don't know, like a thousand island kind of thing. I don't know that I've ever gotten fries in a fast food place, though -- I almost don't consider it an option. It's not even really food to me.
5. Chocolate: Something with peanuts and chocolate is my first option. I'll get maybe Reese's or something like that too. Dark chocolate's on our rider because that's the best kind of candy there is. It's good for you and it's really good for your voice. Our rider's pretty simple -- chocolate, sandwich stuff, chips, some drinks and beer.