Michael Buckner | Frazer Harrison, Getty Images Now this is a collaboration that…
- Posted by Spinner
Voted the most irritating song of all time in a British newspaper poll. By the same people who gave us Mr. Blunt in the first place.
49. 'Rockstar,' Nickelback (2005)
The band followed up its blockbuster 'How You Remind Me' with a rash of hits, none of which gave us quite the rash of this faux-cowboy anthem.
48. 'Warrior,' Kid Rock (2008)
If we plug our ears, does that mean we don't support the troops?
Pay at the pump. Do not top off.
46. 'Kryptonite,' 3 Doors Down (2000)
It's named, of course, for Superman's weakness. That's assuming the band has strengths.
45. 'Numb,' Linkin Park (2003)
"Can't you see that you're smothering me?" Chester asks. Hey, it's a two-way street.
Infamously, the pop star's next single after her 'SNL' lip-syncing meltdown. Should we be surprised it tanked?
43. 'Hollaback Girl,' Gwen Stefani (2005)
Dissed as a "cheerleader," Gwen chose the high road, poking fun at herself with this pom-pom anthem. Personally, we're partial to Toni Basil.
California voters reversed the right to same-sex marriage the year this song was released. Coincidence?
41. 'The Reason,' Hoobastank (2003)
Ballads and ridiculous band names haven't been this egregiously linked since the Butthole Surfers' 'The Ballad of Naked Man.'
40. 'Bad Day,' Daniel Powter (2005)
Covered by Alvin and the Chipmunks, who did it better.
"I'll make your legs shake": Are they pulling our leg?
38. 'Laffy Taffy,' D4L (2005)
Kiddie candy hasn't been so inappropriately raunchy since Blow Pops and Atomic Fireballs.
37. 'I Am a Gummy Bear (The Gummy Bear Song),' Gummibar (2007)
Please tell us this one isn't X-rated, too.
Seriously, what's next? Now they're going to tell us there's something kinky about cotton candy.
35. 'Fergalicious,' Fergie (2006)
Fergie appears elsewhere on our list with the Black Eyed Peas, making her our sole repeat offender. Not that she's the only one who annoyed us twice.
34. 'Blue (Da Ba Dee),' Eiffel 65 (2000)
Do I look green to you?
William Hung covered it. They make a nice couple.
32. 'Stars Are Blind,' Paris Hilton (2006)
Apparently deaf, too.
31. 'Wrestlers,' Hot Chip (2008)
A wan electropop ditty that depicts a domestic dispute in terms of pro wrestling. "Don't hit me with the chair": Only if you put this song down for the count.
With its military theme on the eve of the Iraq War, Madonna pulled her own video from circulation. Madonna, self-censoring: That's not the America we know and love.
29. 'Forever,' Chris Brown (2008)
Rihanna clearly has a different point of view on this one.
The waffling was killing us.
27. 'PopoZao,' Kevin Federline (2006)
The unwanted pop star should have taken a new nickname: Force-Fed.
26. 'It Wasn't Me,' Shaggy (2000)
Kicking off an unaccountable decade with an immortal pop denial: "It wasn't me."