Universal - Volbeat's Michael Poulsen discusses the impact guitarist/producer Rob…
- Posted on Mar 15th 2010 1:29PM by Charles Huff
1. Describe your sound in your own words.
Native American Drone and Roll.
2. How did your band form?
3. What are your musical influences?
There are a lot to choose from and everyone seems to hear different stuff, but there are the Smithsonian Folk Compilations, The Beatles, Clinic, Massive Attack, Radio Head, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Raveonettes, Canned Heat, Honey Suckle [Folk], Black Keys, Hip Hop music, Sounds of Nature, Christian Bland and the Revelators, Ya Ho Wa 13, The Velvet Underground, Pink Floyd, Jesus and Mary Chain, The Doors, and Joy Division.
4. How did you come up with your band name?
We took it from a Velvet Underground song, "The Black Angel's Death Song".
5. What's your biggest vice?
6. What's in your festival survival kit?
Fake ID, water, a map, a flask of course, and sometimes I need a ride home. At night I want glow in the dark rave stuff, anxiety medicine, and a walkie talkie to find each other. And maybe some nutrient bars for quick, easy energy.
7. Who was your first celeb crush?
Jessica Biel [muffled sounds]...
8. What's your musical guilty pleasure?
The concept of Throat Singing.
9. Beatles or Stones?
10. What's the craziest thing you've seen or experienced while on tour?
At Lollapalooza I actually saw a wet and fowl smelling guy bust out of the Port O' Potty with poop on his body and towel dingles all in his hair telling people he found his wedding ring. He was smiling and holding what looked like corn or something. I'm pretty sure it was a diamond ring.
Charles Huff is a contributor from Seed.com. Learn how you can contribute here.