Peter Ellenby Bob Mould will be pretty upfront with you. The former…
- Posted on Jan 28th 2011 11:00AM by Brian Voerding
The fire started Thursday afternoon in Hart's home in south St. Paul, Minn., according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze, but not before it tore through two rooms and claimed an unknown amount of Hart's musical equipment, including his favorite guitar.
Hart checked into a local hospital following the fire but was released in a few hours. Luckily, Hart's two cats also survived the blaze.
On Friday, Hart returned to his home to begin assessing the damage, the newspaper reported. There's no word yet on the cause of the fire. First Avenue and the Turf Club, two local venues that Hart and Husker Du have storied histories with, have both offered to host benefit shows for the songwriter.
Hart just finished a brief tour last week in support of the reissue of his debut post-Husker Du project, 'The Last Days of Pompeii,' a sprawling rock opera recorded in 1991 with his group Nova Mob.