Hartman Group As rock 'n' roll's preeminent purist, it makes perfect sense…
- Posted on Mar 14th 2012 2:40PM by Theo Spielberg
Lloyd Bishop, NBC
But 'Wrecking Ball' didn't wreak the absolute destruction its name would imply. As a matter of fact, it just barely edged past '21,' selling 196,000 copies to Adele's 195,000. But like the deep, rich American soil from which Springsteen was sprung, the rocker proves an enduring force.
'Wrecking Ball' is Bruce Springsteen's tenth No. 1 full-length album. This ties him with Elvis Presley for third place on the list of artists with the most chart-topping albums. Only Jay-Z and the Beatles rank higher, having nabbed 12 and 19, respectively. Speaking of records, Adele only needs one more week at the top spot to tie the record set by Prince's 'Purple Rain' soundtrack.
The Top 10 Of Billboard's Top 200 Chart
1. Bruce Springsteen, Wrecking Ball *new
2. Adele, 21
3. Various, Now 41
4. Lady Antebellum, Own The Night
5. Whitney Houston, The Bodyguard
6. Coldplay, Mylo Xyloto
7. Drake, Take Care
8. Lil Wayne, Tha Carter IV
9. Luke Bryan, Spring Break 4 - Suntan City *new
10. Andrew Bird, Break It Yourself *new