Dave M. Benett, Getty Images
Apparently Ronson, who was too young to remember and heard the story from his mother, wasn't entirely convinced the tale was true. "That sounded like one of my mum's crazy stories," Ronson told Britains Live Magazine.
"But then I did a song with Paul McCartney a few months ago. After a couple of days in the studio, he came in and said, 'Your mum's Ann, right? Me and Linda would always run into your parents on the beach in Long Island.'"
"I told him about my mum's story that he saved me from drowning one time, and he said he vaguely remembered something like that. So maybe he backed up her claim, which means I can't really tease her about it now." Does this mean that Paul McCartney is running around saving children from drowning so often that he can't entirely recall?
- Paul Is Dead
- Skrillex is Dead!
- Keith Richards' Blood Transfusion
- The Nine Inch Nails and Timbaland Collaboration
- "I'm Still Here"
- New York Times Guide to Grunge Slang
- White Stripes Are Siblings
- Elvis, Jim and Tupac Aren't Dead
- The Masked Marauders
- Mama Cass' Ham Sandwich
- Marilyn Manson on "The Wonder Years"
- Presidents Who Rocked
- Thomas Jefferson, violinist
- John Quincy Adams, flautist
- John Tyler, fiddler
- Chester A. Arthur, banjoist
- Warren G. Harding, multi-instrumentalist
- Calvin Coolidge, harmonica player
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, pianist
- Harry Truman, pianist
- Richard Nixon, pianist/accordion player
- Bill Clinton, saxophonist
Follow @Spinner on Twitter | Like Us on Facebook | Sign Up for Our Newsletter