Roadrunner Records - Slipknot's hard-hitting, aggressive metal anthems are getting…
- Posted on May 22nd 2012 12:00PM by Aaron Brophy
Getty | Getty
Here at Spinner we were curious: a lot of our favorite bands seem to have bleak worldviews, so does that mean they're actually "goth"? So we called up Liisa Ladouceur, author of the evil tome Encyclopedia Gothica and finalist for World Goth Day's "Best Author" competition (against noted nosferatu Neil Gaiman, Stephen King and Mick Mercer). Taking time away from her latest project -- a documentary film about the Devil, natch -- Ladouceur cast some spells of knowledge.
Click on the gallery below to find out how the likes of Austra, Florence and the Machine, Paramore, Skrillex and other dark-hued musicians rate on our goth scale of 1 to 10 skulls.
Aspiring goths looking to purchase Encyclopedia Gothica should go here.
- How Goth is... Austra?
- How Goth is... Crystal Castles?
- How Goth is... Cults?
- How Goth is... Dead Man's Bones (ft Ryan Gosling)?
- How Goth is... Esben and the Witch?
- How Goth is... Florence and the Machine?
- How Goth is... Grimes?
- How goth is...The Horrors?
- How Goth is... Paramore?
- How Goth is... Saltillo?
- How Goth is... Skrillex?
- How Goth is... Trust?
- How Goth is... Zola Jesus?