Facebook R&B crooner Mario has been relatively quiet on the music front for…
- Posted on Jun 4th 2012 11:00AM by Aaron Brophy
In honor of the Queen being in power for 60 years, various members of the royal family have been tooling around the world all year having fancy parties in the name of Queen and country and pissing off Morrissey (who regularly savages the "so-called Royal family").
One of the biggest events is happening June 4 at Buckingham Palace in London, England when the Diamond Jubilee BBC Concert takes place. Some of the acts set to appear include Shirley Bassey, Jessie J, Elton John, Tom Jones, Annie Lennox, Madness, Paul McCartney, Kylie Minogue, Ed Sheeran and Stevie Wonder.
It's kinda a thing.
Here at Spinner our attitude about the whole production is a bit more in line with the Rock of Punk than the House of Windsor. So instead we put together a list of 12 Great Anti-Royalty Songs.
Click the gallery below to and see which of the Queen's least favourite tunes made our list.
- The Smiths "The Queen is Dead"
- Sex Pistols "God Save the Queen"
- The Stone Roses, "Elizabeth My Dear"
- Billy Bragg and the Blokes, "Take Down the Union Jack"
- Blur, "This is a Low"
- Pet Shop Boys "Dreaming of the Queen"
- Catatonia, "Storm the Palace"
- Housemartins "Flag Day"
- Manic Street Preachers, "Repeat (Stars And Stripes)"
- Morrissey "Margaret on the Guillotine"
- Primal Scream, "Insect Royalty"
- The Exploited "Royalty"