Hard Rock International When the plane carrying Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper…
- Posted on Oct 2nd 2012 9:07AM by The Associated Press
AP Photo/Courtesy of Yoko Ono
An exhibition will feature 100 drawings and sketches by the late Beatle. It's called "The Artwork of John Lennon."
The show runs Friday through Oct. 9 at 130 Prince St. in SoHo.
It marks what would have been Lennon's 72nd birthday.
The works cover the years 1964 to 1980, the year Lennon was fatally shot outside his Manhattan apartment building.
The exhibition is being presented by his widow, Yoko Ono, as well as Bag One Arts and Legacy Productions.
A $2 donation is suggested, and the funds will benefit Citymeals-on-Wheels.
Lennon's art consists of quick sketches and the Oriental technique of sumi ink drawings.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Robert Johnson
- Sam Cooke
- Bobby Fuller
- Brian Jones
- Jim Morrison
- Marvin Gaye
- Kurt Cobain
- Richey James Edwards
- Tupac Shakur | Notorious B.I.G. | Jam Master Jay
- Michael Hutchence
- Elliott Smith
- Rock and Roll Hoaxes
- Paul Is Dead
- Skrillex is Dead!
- Keith Richards' Blood Transfusion
- The Nine Inch Nails and Timbaland Collaboration
- "I'm Still Here"
- New York Times Guide to Grunge Slang
- White Stripes Are Siblings
- Elvis, Jim and Tupac Aren't Dead
- The Masked Marauders
- Mama Cass' Ham Sandwich
- Marilyn Manson on "The Wonder Years"