Facebook R&B crooner Mario has been relatively quiet on the music front for…
- Posted on Nov 11th 2012 10:25AM by Brittany Galla
Dave M. Benett, Getty Images
On May 3, 2012, McCartney and Shevell were traveling back home to East Sussex, England, when the Sikorsky S-76C they were riding in plummeted towards trees as it was trying to land on the singer's private helipad. Luckily, an accident was avoided when at the last minute, the pilot reportedly pulled the helicopter back up and flew to a nearby airport safely.
The incident is now being investigated by the government's Department of Transport after the Air Accidents Investigation Branch classified it as a "serious incident". Flying conditions that night were reported as "low cloud base, poor visibility and rain."
A spokesman for Air Harrods, the company which runs the helicopter service, tells The Mail, "Harrods Aviation can confirm that an incident took place on May 3 involving an Air Harrods helicopter. We are working in full cooperation with the AAIB which are currently investigating the incident."
A rep for the Beatle told the paper, "Paul has been spoken to. It has been put to him, everything. It's a no comment."
- 1) Dave Carroll -- United Airlines (2008)
- 2) Gaslight Anthem's Brian Fallon -- American Airlines (2010)
- 3) Cold Specks -- Air Canada (2012)
- 4) Ed Sheeran -- Delta Airlines (2012)
- 5) Peter Frampton Reunites With Guitar 31 Years After Plane Crash (2012)
- 6) Dale Watson -- Tiger Airways (Australia, 2011)
- 7) Dave Davies -- Unknown Airline (1965)
- 8) Okkervil River -- American Airlines (2012)
- 9) Lewis Lipnick -- United Air Lines, Lufthansa (2010)
- 10) Australian Politician Tony Burke -- Qantas Airlines (2011)