According to Philly.com (via Daily Swarm), several underage fans OD'd on an unknown drug prior to the DJs taking the stage at the Electric Factory.
The group took to Twitter to tell fans of their disappointment, saying "Philly we're just as upset as you that the show was shut down. It's out of our hands but hold tight. We're trying to work out a show for 2nite."
Emergency crews were on the scene around 8PM Saturday night (Dec. 1), to transport the drugged-out youngsters to a nearby hospital.
"I saw a couple of people around me doing pills and stuff, but I didn't ask. One kid had a bloody nose and he said it was from snorting, so that was kind of crazy," high schooler Cat Lepiane told The Inquirer.
"There were a bunch of people standing near the ambulances, crying, like their friends were the ones who overdosed."
The Electric Factory is an all-ages venue with two restricted bars. Zeds Dead moved their highly attended event to Philly's 21-and-up Lit Ultra Lounge later in the evening.
There were no reported fatalities caused by the alleged drug overdoses. It is not certain how many attendants were affected, but witnesses estimate between four and nine people were taken to are hospitals.