Kraftwerk Ex-Member Karl Bartos Feels Slighted Band Didn't Invite Him to New York
- Posted on Jan 3rd 2013 1:00PM by Jason MacNeil
- Comments
Kevin Winter, Getty
According to Contact Music -- which reported the news from an Uncut interview -- Bartos said he didn't receive an invite to join the group at the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 residency last year at New York's Museum of Modern Art.
"I wish I had be invited to Kraftwerk's retrospective at Moma in New York, but I wasn't nor were Florian (Schneider) or Wolfgang (Flur)," Bartos told the magazine referring to other former band members. "I'm quite puzzled by them using the term retrospective, but at least I'm there acoustically if they play (songs) 'The Model' or 'The Robots.'"
Bartos joined the band in 1975 and along with Flur, Schneider and Ralf Hutter are considered to be Kraftwerk's classic line-up. Bartos left the group in 1990. Flur departed in 1987. Schneider didn't leave Kraftwerk until 2008, which the band officially confirmed in early 2009.
Kraftwerk -- who played a different studio album each evening during their eight-night New York residency -- will revisit the same format during their London stay next month. The first night begins with 1974's Autobahn. Kraftwerk is also doing a similar performance later this month in Dusseldorf starting Jan. 11.




Reg Presley Dead: Troggs Singer Dies After Battle With Lung Cancer
Mindy McCready Committed to Treatment Facility After Children Taken by Child Services -- Report
Willow Smith, 'Annie': Singer Walks Away From Movie Role ... But Why?
CBS Grammy Memo Forbids Bare Breasts, Buttocks, Nipples, Genitals, Etc.
King Gordy Shot Five Times in Detroit
Marilyn Manson Collapses on Stage (VIDEO)
Lady Gaga Backstage Rider: Strawberry Jam, Special K and a 'Mannequin With Puffy Pink Pubic Hair'
Kenny Chesney 'Pirate Flag' Video Premiere
Donald Byrd Dead: Legendary Jazz Musician Dies at 80
Can You Recognize This Rocker Who's Celebrating His Birthday Today?

