Following the success of his zombie ode "Nightcall," which was produced by Guy-Manuel of Daft Punk and featured in the opening sequence of 2011 film Drive, OutRun is an '80's B-movie-inspired concept album, produced in collaboration with longtime friend and associate Sebastian.
As we await the LP's release, Spinner RPM has the premiere of a new track, "ProtoVision," which was remixed by Blood Orange, aka acclaimed songwriter/artist Dev Hynes (Solange, Sky Ferriera).
Listen to Kavinsky's "ProtoVision (Blood Orange Remix)"
Check Out Spinner's 15 Best Movie Soundtracks
- Reality Bites
- Pump Up the Volume
- Natural Born Killers
- Dazed and Confused
- Garden State
- Judgement Night
- The Crow
- Romeo + Juliet
- Pretty in Pink
- 8 Mile
- Congorock on Rihanna's 777 Tour
- 20 Important Historical Moments Captured in Song
- Don McLean "American Pie"
- U2 "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
- Gordon Lightfoot "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"
- Dr. Dre "The Day the Niggaz Took Over"
- Bob Dylan "Hurricane"
- Pearl Jam "Jeremy"
- Billy Joel, "We Didn't Start the Fire"
- The Neville Brothers "Sister Rosa"
- The Tragically Hip, "Wheat Kings"
- Boomtown Rats "I Don't Like Mondays"
- The Cranberries "Zombie"
- Bloc Party "Hunting for Witches"
- The Postal Service "Sleeping In"
- Bruce Springsteen "The Rising"/"My City of Ruins"
- Arlo Guthrie "Alice's Restaurant Massacre"
- Filter, "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
- KISS, "Detroit Rock City"
- Cherry Poppin' Daddies, "Zoot Suit Riot"
- Steve Earle, "Ben McCulloch"
- Arcade Fire "Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)"