Jordan Strauss, Invision, AP
Born Sonny Moore, the electronic music maven has been scoring golden gramophones left and right for the past two years. In 2012, he won Best Dance Recording and Best Remixed Recording, among other awards.
This year, Skrillex and singer Sirah were up against some of EDM's biggest names, beating out Avicii, Calvin Harris and Swedish House Mafia for the top spot.
Skrillex's remix of Nero's "Promises" also picked up the Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical award.
The Best Dance Recording award has garnered a lot of heat recently for fellow nominee Al Walser, a seemingly unknown artist. His song "I Can't Live Without You" doesn't exactly measure up with the quality of the other nominees, causing some artists to accuse the Grammys of being broken.
- Worst Grammy Award Nominees Ever
- David Seville "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" (Nominated)
- Vaughn Meader 'The First Family' (Won)
- The New Vaudeville Band "Winchester Cathedral" (Won)
- A Taste of Honey (Won)
- Robin Williams / The Blues Brothers (Nominated)
- USA for Africa 'We are the World' (Nominated)
- Jethro Tull 'Crest of a Knave' (Won)
- Milli Vanilli (Won)
- Eric Clapton "Layla" (Unplugged version) (Won)
- The Rolling Stones 'Voodoo Lounge'
- Skee-Lo 'I Wish' (Nominated)
- Quad City DJ's "Space Jam" (Nominated)
- Will Smith "Men In Black"/"Gettin' Jiggy wit It" (Winner)
- Steely Dan 'Two Against Nature' (Winner)
- Baha Men "Who Let the Dogs Out?" (Winner)
- Creed "With Arms Wide Open" (Winner)
- Paul McCartney 'Liverpool Sound Collage' (Winner)
- Afroman "Because I Got High"
- Herbie Hancock 'River: The Joni Letters' (Winner)
- Al Walser "I Can't Live Without You" (Nominated)
Follow @Spinner on Twitter | Like Us on Facebook | Sign Up for Our Newsletter