Alberto E. Rodriguez, Getty One of rock's royal families has just gotten a…
- Posted on Feb 25th 2013 10:42AM by Jason MacNeil
Michael Buckner, Getty
The Montreal Gazette reports the Arcade Fire member was "very pregnant" when they played a benefit gig in Montreal on Saturday night for Chassagne's Haiti-relief organization Kanpe. The group performed three songs at the event, none of which were the highly classified new pieces.
"The idea behind Kanpe is to start something for Montreal to come together," singer Win Butler, and (presumably) father to Chassagne's child, said during the mini set. "This is just the beginning, the first step, so if you're interested in Haiti, let's just do this shit, all right?"
The band performed "Headlights Look Like Diamonds," "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)" and "Haiti."
Meanwhile, Consequence Of Sound showed a photo of Chassagne during the performance and added that fellow Arcade Fire member Marika Shaw is also pregnant.
Arcade Fire are working on their new studio album, the follow-up to their Grammy-winning 2010 release The Suburbs. There's no word as to when the album will come out, but given their history it appears sometime this year is a logical guess. LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy was reportedly working with the group in some capacity, so expect a wee bit of hype for this one.
- What if Adele was Mrs. Doubtfire?
- Who is the Arcade Fire?
- Beyonce Looking at Stuff
- Bon Iver Erotica
- Kanye'd by the Bell
- Musicians and Cats
- Call Me Maeby
- Is Nickelback the Worst Band Ever?
- Gangnam Style Taking Over Things
- Rappers Looking Like Magicians
- Musicians in Strange Commercials
- Ringo Starr & The Monkees
- Michael Jackson
- MC Hammer
- Iggy Pop
- The Game
- John Lyndon
- 50 Cent
- Bon Jovi
- David Bowie
- The Rolling Stones
- Dusty Springfield
- Duran Duran
- Peter Murphy
- Ozzy Osbourne
- 11 Songs for the Zombie Apocalypse
- Dead Man's Bones "My Body's a Zombie For You"
- The Cranberries "Zombie"
- Fela Kuti "Zombie"
- Tom Petty "Zombie Zoo"
- Sufjan Stevens "They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh!"
- Jonathan Coulton "Re: Your Brains"
- Harry Belafonte "Zombie Jamboree"
- Rob Zombie "Living Dead Girl"
- Insane Clown Posse "Zombie Slide"
- Buck 65 "Zombie Delight"
- Michael Jackson "Thriller"
- Top 10 Halloween Monster Musicians
- Lana Del Rey
- Jack White
- The Black Belles
- Courtney Love
- Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins
- Daft Punk
- Diamond Rings
- Rob Zombie
- Damian Abraham of Fucked Up
- Robert Smith of The Cure